Sunday 30 January 2011

Foundation too dark? Don't panic!

So yesterday in Boots there were a few clearance items and I ended up taking home a shade of foundation which was a tad too dark for me - well in the Winter anyway - it's probably ok in the Summer as I tan easily!


This is me after using 17 Natural Radiance Foundation in Caramel - as I said a good look if I have a tan - but in Winter it makes me look like an Ooompa Loompa. Even for 50p I wouldn't wear it like this.


Me after using Virgin On eStep Face Base in Ivory - I'm definitely not an ivory shade either so you can see how this tones down the darkness of the foundation. It was just a test as I wasn't certain it would look right - but it actually did and I would fee like I could leave the house now lol.


Hope this helps someone out there who has tested foundation or powder and then got home to find it doesn't match their skin. It can be used both ways - if your foundation is too light use a darker powder. If your powder if too light use a darker foundation like I did!!

What do you think? Have you ever done this and just thrown the product away??

1 comments:

Lady M Presents said...

good technique! thanks for showing us how to tone appropriately to the season. its so important

http://www.ladympresents.co.uk

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...