Monday 30 August 2010

Dying My Hair & FOTD

Normally in the Spring/Summer I go blonde and then brown again (my natural colour) in Autumn/Winter so as the summer is pretty much over in the UK I thought it was a good time to go brown. I remembered I had this hairdye in the back of my cupboard. I got it in the reduced section in Tesco around April time for £1.44. Brilliant!

With flash
Without flash

I found this dye very easy to use. It came with a separate nozzle top to make it easy to apply to the different sections of my hair. It claimed to be non drip, although I did find one drip on the back of my neck. However, it's not too runny a substance so it didn't matter.

I also think the final colour is gorgeous, with a golden shimmer, but that could be because of the blonde colour it was before. I left it on for about 40 minutes, which is longer than the packet said but I've been using dyes for quite a while now and know that the colour is fuller when it is left on longer. I then left the colour conditioner on for 10 minutes as well to nourish my hair.

Here is the after shot:


I'll also let you know what make up I have on.

FACE

No.7 Shine Free Primer
No.7 Mineral Perfection Foundation
No.7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder
No.7 Cheek Tint

LIPS

The Body Shop Brazil Nut Lip Butter
No.7 Nude Rebellion Lipstick

EYES

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Italian Ice - Hot in the City collection from Aromaleigh - for my eyelid
Airy Ethos - Victoria's Revenge collection from Aromaleigh - for the outer part of my eye
Glow - Pure Eyes Frost collection from Aromaleigh - for my brow highlight
Blue from my No.7 Colour Rebellion Eye Palette as a lower waterline eyeliner

Gosh Sparkling Coal eye pencil for my upper lashline
Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express mascara


I love bright colours on my eyes! I was going to use my new Sapphire liquid eyeliner on my upper lashline, but I decided against it once I'd lined my lower waterline because there was already enough pop!! What do you think?

2 comments:

Sophie said...

yay for brown hair! it really suits you :)

Anonymous said...

I also use this on my hair! I find it very good!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...